Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2008

Memory in Question

Was lunching-in at pantry today; as the topic of dengue fever was discussed, my memory got questioned.

I was saying "if I din remember wrongly..."
PB replied "but u always remember things wrongly."
:S But I had to admit, YA.

How is dengue fever and dengue haemorrhagic fever spread?
Dengue is transmitted to humans by the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are infected when they take a blood meal from a dengue-infected person. The virus does not spread from human-to-human.

Can dengue be spread from person to person?
Dengue fever cannot be spread directly from person to person. It is only spread through the bite of an infected mosquito.
Source

So, I guess my memory din fail me this time? ;)

1 comment:

Lynnie said...

can dengue fever be spread by normal mosquitoes that bite the infected person?